Přeskočit na hlavní obsah

How Laura almost became homeless

Well, you already know that Jorge got married. But what you don't know, is that on our way to Seoul, I made a short stop with Laura in her village where she's going to study her master's degree. You see, I am making fun of her all the time, because of the fact that she's going to live in countryside, but actually she will live like 15 minutes on bike from Daiso (unfortunately, Laura says that it's small 😓) and Homeplus. So that's not really a countryside, because these are the most important things you need for a happy life in Korea. Well, and Costco (Laurita, you need to visit me and Azizbek in Daejeon 😁)!


On our way from the train station to first reality agency I noticed that there are almost no young people. And on that day the whole Jochiwon looked super gloomy. With the first lady we went to see small oneroom which was located in the basement. I mean for basement place it was kind of ok, but still, who wants to deal with the mold? On the other hand, it was very cheap.
So we went for meeting with other lady, who we later named as the 부자 [puja] lady, rich lady, because she was apparently the reality boss in that area, as we found out later. We saw some nice onerooms with her, but most of them where out of the budget. So we were becoming very depressed and we started to make plans how Laura could live with me in Daejeon or in the super expensive dormitory, where she would starve to death, because they don't have kitchen and Laura doesn't really like Korean food.
Then we went randomly to another reality agency, but after we saw the same apartment for second time (before entering the guy called some women for password - hello 부자 lady!) I had some suspicion...

Movies On My Mind: Bong Joon-ho's Parasite is a home-invasion movie as  class-warfare parable, Entertainment News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
Me, trying to catch Wifi in subway, when I run out of data 😅
Also, scene from the amazing movie Parasite.
Watch the damn movie! It's amazing.

He also showed us probably the cheapest oneroom in area, which Laura immediately declined, because it looked like the basement oneroom from Parasite (Laura said so) and it smelled like the oneroom from Parasite (Áňa thought so). So we went to Mom's Touch to cure our deepening depression.
After that we went to the last office. The guys there wanted to show us oneroom which was within the budget, but the moment they showed us this oneroom on the map I was certain. The 부자 lady is the boss here! I told them, that we already saw this apartment before and that we don't want to go there. I wanted to get out of the office as soon as possible to avoid any embarrassing situation, but one of the guys was already calling someone - you know who!
Obviously the 부자 lady! Well, she's not stupid, so when they told her: "Hey boss, we have two foreign girls in our office looking for an apartment."
(I think that the conversation could go like this, my Korean is not on such level that I could understand old people speaking in dialect.)
She put one plus one together and she called me 😒 I mean... I hate making phone calls even in Czech. So I hate it even more in Korean. Obviously, it was incredibly awkward. She was asking me why we want to see the room again, why we went to other office etc.  At the moment, I'd rather say to her something like: "Sorry, I'm a foreigner! I don't speak or understand a word of Korean." But she already knew from our previous meeting that I know a little bit of Korean... Whatever. 
At the end, I told her that Laura really liked one of the places she showed us and that she will let her know. On our way back to train we decided that after Jorge's wedding, we will stop in Jochiwon again and sign contract for that oneroom, because it was kind of in the budget, the oneroom is really nice and probably nobody else will give us better price than the 부자 lady.
Few days later, Laura signed the contract, paid for the deposit and she's not homeless anymore!

The cutest Peruvian girl from Jochiwon

Unlike me. Right now, I am sitting in my friends room and I still don't have an assigned room at the KAIST dormitory 😓 Meanwhile, Laura is living very happy life in her countryside village Jochiwon.

P.S.: Actually, I am late with posting this post. So, I am not homeless anymore. I will make new blogpost about my room at the KAIST dormitory as soon as possible. It seems that people really like to read about that kind of stuff.

Komentáře

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Finding an apartment in Daejeon

I have many stories about which I want to write here, be patient. 😁 A lot happened during this winter break. I have been hiking and skiing a few times, I met many new and amazing friends, so even though I couldn't go for Christmas to Czech (especially to see my cute niece Zuzka 😔), I am happy here in Daejeon 😊 I don't really have any interesting photos of our apartment, so I'm sharing some photos from hiking with Oketch, which I haven't shared before.😅 Photo was taken by Oketch, autumn 2020, Daedunsan. But a few weeks ago, I have moved from the dormitory to an apartment with my Indonesian friend Ici. So, I think now it's time to tell you how we found our new apartment. As most of the people I know, we were also using 직방 and 다방 (mobile apps where you can easily look for an apartment). We have started to look for an apartment around the middle of December, knowing that we have to move out in the middle of February. We have seen some dirty and old apartments and al

Getting vaccinated in Korea - 잔여백신 macro

As some of you may know, you can get vaccinated with "Remaining vaccine" (잔여백신) and Kakaotalk or Naver can send you a notification to get this free vaccine. I have been getting notifications for the last few weeks, but I didn't succeed to get this free vaccine, probably because I was always too slow to claim it. But we are in Korea, the country of the newest technologies, so obviously someone wrote a macro for this. 😁 And show some love to my friend Mahdi who helped me to debug this code and gave me all the information I needed for writing this article! He also provided the English version of the macro. Basically, you set up your conditions and let the program search for these remaining vaccines and if it finds one, it will automatically register you for it. IMPORTANT: Don't run the program if you don't have time to get vaccinated on the same day! 1. Open Chrome browser. 2.  Log in to your Kakaotalk account.  Stay Logged In should be ticked. 3. You will see a map

Shady bussiness in Daejeon

I hate buying new things. I love repairing stuff, especially electronics or clothes. But I am horrible at repairing electronics, so I always ask my brothers and sister for help which is a little bit more difficult now, since I live in Korea and they live in the Czech Republic. Still, we try. In August this year, my phone's earphone suddenly stopped working properly. I ordered some new parts from Aliexpress and the same week I replaced it (which didn't help, it was probably a software problem) I crashed the display. Like how stupid you have to be, to just put your phone in a bicycle's basket, and then you're very surprised when your phone literally flies away? Well, I am exactly that stupid 😂 So, I ordered a new display from Aliexpress, but it came kind of broken - one chip was not connected and I didn't manage to connect it successfully. I mean, very delicate precise handwork was never my forte. There's a reason why I didn't become a dentist or surgeon, but