Přeskočit na hlavní obsah

New Year in Homigot

Nobody knows what will happen in the next year, but we started with a big adventure. Some time ago I and some of my friends have agreed to go for the New Year's celebration to Pohang and see the first sunrise of 2020 on Korean peninsula. It sounded so romantically, that I had to go. We didn't know much about this festival, just the location and approximate time when it should start.

Well, first we arrived in Pohang and we had to get to near sea which was still like 50 km. So, we got on the bus which was going to city centre. Actually not. The bus went in other direction, but when we found out, some Koreans told us to just stay on the bus, because it will turn around and go to city centre after few more stops. But at the end the driver told us to get out and catch another bus. Then he told us to get back on the bus. 😕 We have no idea why. But we met two Korean guys from Daegu, and they were confused too (they happened to be in the exact same situation as us 😂). Let me just say that the buses in Korea are sometimes weird and the best way not to get lost is to always ask the driver where he is going.

 

After few hours we got in the Guryongpo and we accidentally found out that in this city took place
the filming of famous Korean drama When The Camellia Blooms. I didn't watch this drama and I don't even plan to do it, because it's not my cup of a tea. But I have to say that it was pretty famous here. And the place where they shoot it is very nice too.

Walking around this place we realised that we have no idea what we signed up for, because it was really windy near the sea. And I was regretting that I didn't took my sleeping back with me. Well, it was even worse because all the buses to Homigot stopped operating before we arrived, so we had to take taxi. 😢 We're poor students, you know. It hurt. 😁

When we arrived, we took a small walk around the place where the festival was, we managed to get a place in a big resting tent. Fortunately, they had some heaters in there which were working just fine until midnight. We went to see the countdown out which was the best! They played Into the Unknown, so I was singing as loud as possible while hugging everybody. Then we drank sparkling wine (I don't think I can call it champagne, it was very cheap, but surprisingly good) and we played with fireworks (Harry Potter style) before the security guy stopped us. So, we went back to the tent. But!



The big heaters ran out of oil, so they weren't working anymore. And at this point it got super funny. We tried to sleep in different weird positions with all our clothing and well...let me tell you that it was most probably the worst sleep in my life so far. I have slept in worse places, but always with the right equipment. Not this time. So, in the morning we got up quite moody and went to see the sunrise. I wasn't bad, but there were so many people and clouds that we couldn't see the Sun that well Where is the romance? I have to say that for me the countdown was much more memorable. But we got a hot soup for free! The best breakfast ever!

Na obrázku může být: 5 people , including Sin Hong Tan, people smiling , ocean , sky , outdoor a water
The first sunrise of 2020
The way back to the train station was the worst. Most people came by car and there is basically just one road from Homigot to Guryongpo, so it was crowded until afternoon. We waited for few hours in small coffee shop and we were just hoping to catch our KTX train to Daegu on time. Well, we had to rebook it on the way, but we got home safely. If you are thinking about going to Homigot I advise you to pick different day or to be ready for the cold weather, crowds and huge traffic jam. But the whole area is very nice and worth visiting!

Komentáře

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Finding an apartment in Daejeon

I have many stories about which I want to write here, be patient. 😁 A lot happened during this winter break. I have been hiking and skiing a few times, I met many new and amazing friends, so even though I couldn't go for Christmas to Czech (especially to see my cute niece Zuzka 😔), I am happy here in Daejeon 😊 I don't really have any interesting photos of our apartment, so I'm sharing some photos from hiking with Oketch, which I haven't shared before.😅 Photo was taken by Oketch, autumn 2020, Daedunsan. But a few weeks ago, I have moved from the dormitory to an apartment with my Indonesian friend Ici. So, I think now it's time to tell you how we found our new apartment. As most of the people I know, we were also using 직방 and 다방 (mobile apps where you can easily look for an apartment). We have started to look for an apartment around the middle of December, knowing that we have to move out in the middle of February. We have seen some dirty and old apartments and al

Getting vaccinated in Korea - 잔여백신 macro

As some of you may know, you can get vaccinated with "Remaining vaccine" (잔여백신) and Kakaotalk or Naver can send you a notification to get this free vaccine. I have been getting notifications for the last few weeks, but I didn't succeed to get this free vaccine, probably because I was always too slow to claim it. But we are in Korea, the country of the newest technologies, so obviously someone wrote a macro for this. 😁 And show some love to my friend Mahdi who helped me to debug this code and gave me all the information I needed for writing this article! He also provided the English version of the macro. Basically, you set up your conditions and let the program search for these remaining vaccines and if it finds one, it will automatically register you for it. IMPORTANT: Don't run the program if you don't have time to get vaccinated on the same day! 1. Open Chrome browser. 2.  Log in to your Kakaotalk account.  Stay Logged In should be ticked. 3. You will see a map

Shady bussiness in Daejeon

I hate buying new things. I love repairing stuff, especially electronics or clothes. But I am horrible at repairing electronics, so I always ask my brothers and sister for help which is a little bit more difficult now, since I live in Korea and they live in the Czech Republic. Still, we try. In August this year, my phone's earphone suddenly stopped working properly. I ordered some new parts from Aliexpress and the same week I replaced it (which didn't help, it was probably a software problem) I crashed the display. Like how stupid you have to be, to just put your phone in a bicycle's basket, and then you're very surprised when your phone literally flies away? Well, I am exactly that stupid 😂 So, I ordered a new display from Aliexpress, but it came kind of broken - one chip was not connected and I didn't manage to connect it successfully. I mean, very delicate precise handwork was never my forte. There's a reason why I didn't become a dentist or surgeon, but